Friday, August 11, 2017

The Neurologist Appointment

Finally the day arrived for my cure to all these umm sinus infections? Migraines? I still had not convinced myself that it was a migraine and how on earth sinus issues could be connected. I was stubborn and refused to believe it was a migraine. Made no sense at the time. Although now when I think about it I was popping over the counter pain killers like they were candy. The day of my appointment I felt horrible. My sinuses were inflamed and I felt "disconnected." My head was throbbing and the light was hurting my eyes. Classic signs of migraine right? Nah couldn't be. She examined me and I explained my symptoms. The verdict? Migraine. I asked her how a migraine gave symptoms of a sinus infection and she simply said that it is all connected. Not that I was really listening at this point anyways as I was in complete denial. She gave me a list of what she called migraine triggers and gave me a prescription for Imipramine (generic for Tofranil) which is technically an antidepressant but for some reason works for preventing migraines as well. I left feeling a sense of contentment knowing that I had an answer after all these years and finally I will be cured. She also gave me a prescription for a muscle relaxer called Baclofen since many migraines are caused by tense muscles. She did mention something about a "rebound headache" from taking so many exedrin migraine and other over the counter pain relievers but like I said before at that point I was not listening. I just wanted something to take away all this mess! In hindsight a year later I should have paid attention to what she said because this journey was about to get real rocky!

No comments:

Post a Comment