Friday, August 11, 2017

Second Opinion/ENT

I decided that the first ENT did not know what he was talking about and sought another ENT for a "real" diagnosis (note the sarcasm). I just could not wrap my head around this being a migraine. I had all the symptoms of a sinus infection. The pain, pressure and drainage. At this point I was extremely dizzy and even the roof of my mouth hurt. I explained my symptoms and he did a sinus endoscopy. Again I am told I have a slightly deviated septum but not surgery worth while. He asked me if I had a history of migraines (go ahead shake your head). I was at this point ready to jump across the room at him and shake or slap him. Really? This again? He ordered a CT scan just to ease my mind and referred me to a Headache Clinic. A few days later I got the call that my CT scan was clear. Sigh, now I have to finally swallow my pride and go back to the Neurologist. I called and made an appointment however the soonest appointment was 2 months away. During this time I still could not function and had to take a month off of work unpaid since I used all my vacation days. It got so bad I messaged the Neurologist and she got me in the next day. I received a shot of Toradol and trigger shot injections in my head and neck. She wanted me to start on another preventative medication right away. We decided on Nortriptyline another antidepressant that treats migraines as well. I felt a little better for a few days before the "migraine" reared its ugly head again. I messaged the Neurologist and she called me in a taper medication called Naratriptan. After 2 days I still had the migraine and called her back. She advised me to keep taking for remainder of the days. After five days I felt marginally better. I needed to change something! Next up: Nortriptyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment