Friday, August 11, 2017

Steroid Sinus Rinse

The steroid sinus rinse had to be specially compounded in a pharmacy 4 hours away. My insurance company only uses this pharmacy for compounded prescriptions so I had to wait to have it delivered in the mail. I already had been doing sinus rinses so it was not at all a difficult thing to do. Although it came with a bottle I preferred my Netti Pot. I also had to buy the saline packets to combine with the steroid. I used the rinses for the 8 weeks leading up to my Neurologist appointment to no avail. There were no changes in my inflammation at all. I should also note that I was also using Astelin and Nasonex nasal sprays for years which made no difference in my sinus issues along with Allegra. Finally the day arrived for my Neurologist appointment. I was about to be cured! Well at least I thought I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment