Friday, August 11, 2017

Nortriptyline and a Trip to the ER

I began taking the Nortriptyline and continued to do so for about a month. I had dry mouth which I thought was a minor. The biggest and most troublesome side effect was Tachycardia. I was hesitant to come off this medication because I literally had NO headaches after being on it for a few weeks. I had no choice however after I fell ill and made a trip to urgent care. My BP was 200/120 and my pulse was a whooping 134 bpm. They insisted on calling an ambulance to take me to ER. I refused and told them I could drive myself. They made me sign a waiver. The ER was notified I was on my way. After another IV, anxiety med and something to bring down my BP I was sent home. I messaged the neurologist and she suggested I come off of the Nortriptyline. She decided to try Nadolol which is a beta blocker that also helps migraines. I should note here that during the month I was on the Nortriptyline I also limited my diet to pasta and broccoli with olive oil butter. I managed to lose 20 pounds doing this but that was not the point of the diet. I felt like I should eat bland and stick to one type of food per instructions in the book "Heal Your headache." I will post more on this later but if you are interested in the book look to the right of your screen. I posted a picture of the book and if you click on it, it will take you to the book on amazon. This has been the best investment I have made with regards to the migraines (even though I tossed it aside for a long time). Next up: Nadolol.

No comments:

Post a Comment