Friday, August 11, 2017

Imipramine/Tofranil

My journey begins with the preventative medications. Up first is Imipramine (generic version of Tofranil). It is used to treat depression but also for migraine prevention. My Neurologist has stated that her Husband has had great success with it for his migraines so I am confident it will work for me. I pick up my prescription and start right away. The first night I am up throughout the night sweating profusely and making frequent trips to the bathroom although I do not recall drinking a lot of water. When I finally do fall asleep I have the worse nightmares I have ever had. My mouth feels like I have been sucking on cotton balls. The next day I am tired and can barely function at work. By day 3 I am feeling dazed and confused. I message my Doctor and she reassures me that they will subside. I continue with all the symptoms for a few weeks until I finally had enough. I message my Doctor and she switches me to Topiramate/Topamax. Perks of this one? Weight loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment