Friday, August 11, 2017

The Headache Cure

You read it right. I finally have "cured" my headache. How? I finally read the book "Heal Your Headache" (look to your right you can see and click on the book and see if it is right for you). This book has literally saved me! I have even ordered it for multiple people who have had great success with the program outlined in the book. You first have to understand that there are many triggers but the biggest one is the food you consume. A hard pill to swallow I know as I am the most stubborn person I know as you have read throughout my journey with migraines. I did not want to give up any of my favorite foods at all! What is life without chocolate and pizza? No migraines is the answer. Remember when I said I ate just pasta and broccoli for a month? I had no headaches during this time yet I did not make the connection because I thought it was the Nortriptyline. I decided to overhaul my diet to see if it would make a difference. Inflammation plays an important role in migraines and getting that under control is equally important. I added Turmeric/Curcumin with ginger and bioperine added to them. It is important that you get the Turmeric with Bioperine because it helps with the absorption of the Turmeric. I liked that the one I bought had ginger for nausea. If you look to the right there is a picture of the one I prefer (just click on it). Turmeric reduces inflammation in your body and also reduces pain.
     I decided to eliminate nearly everything all at once. The book gives you a list of things to avoid but I decided to go all out. I ate broccoli and quinoa with olive oil butter for the first 3 weeks. I know it is extreme but I was determined to eliminate these migraines. I also had to go through my vitamins and eliminate a great deal of them as they had migraine triggers in them. I added a new food into my diet every 3 days. If I did not have a headache I knew I could eat it. My triggers so far are: onions, corn, chocolate, watermelon, all nuts and seeds including coconuts, all cheeses, aspartame, beans, sadly cream cheese and sour cream (boo), and msg. The hardest things are the onions and corn. Most products have corn (also known as maltodextrin and corn syrup). Onions are in everything from sauces, ketchup to frozen meals. I literally spent 3 hours in the grocery store practically in tears of all the things I could no longer enjoy. I found one spaghetti sauce that did not have onions. I have to say that the clarity is worth the sacrifice. I am slowly learning how to bake things without my triggers so I do not completely miss out on the sweet stuff. I did have to stop all over the counter pain relievers all together and that was a lot harder than I thought. I relied on the Baclofen to get through this. After about a week the rebound headache was gone. I can happily say I am off all pain relievers!
     The best advice I can give anyone who is suffering from migraines is STOP treating the symptoms and figure out the underlying cause. Get the book or do your research online. There is a ton of great info on the web for certain!




No comments:

Post a Comment